Cases filed against police allegedly behind missing sabungero in Laguna

enablePagination: false
maxItemsPerPage: 10
totalITemsFound:
maxPaginationLinks: 10
maxPossiblePages:
startIndex:
endIndex:

(FILE PHOTO)

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, April 11) — Authorities have filed kidnapping and robbery charges against five police personnel allegedly involved in the abduction of an e-sabong master agent in Laguna.

"The Criminal Investigation and Detection Group, together with the complainants and witnesses, appeared before the Department of Justice (DOJ) on April 11, 2022, and filed cases for kidnapping/serious illegal detention and robbery with intimidation and by a band against five police personnel who were formerly members of the Provincial Intelligence Branch (PIB), Laguna PPO and several John Does," said a report from the CIDG on Monday.

In a Senate hearing last month, witnesses identified the five policemen who allegedly kidnapped Ricardo Lasco in San Pablo, Laguna on Aug. 30 last year.

Apart from the abduction, the CIDG said the suspects took with them items worth around ₱500,000 and cash amounting to ₱180,000 from Lasco and his relatives.

The police said the investigation is still ongoing and are they still gathering information that would help locate Lasco.

They are encouraging anyone with information about the case to come forward.