Four Chinese nationals killed, ₱3.4-B shabu seized in Zambales anti-drug ops

enablePagination: false
maxItemsPerPage: 10
totalITemsFound:
maxPaginationLinks: 10
maxPossiblePages:
startIndex:
endIndex:

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, September 7) — Four Chinese nationals died while police seized ₱3.4-billion worth of shabu in an anti-illegal drug operation on Tuesday in Candelaria, Zambales, authorities said.

The seized 500 kilograms of shabu comprised “the biggest drug haul for this year” so far, the Philippine National Police (PNP) said.

It identified the Chinese “drug traffickers” as Gao Manzhu, 49; Hong Jianshe, 58; Eddie Tan, 60; and Xu Youha, 50. The four were killed during an exchange of fire while attempting to escape from authorities, it added.

“They are known distributors of illegal drugs in Luzon, particularly in Metro Manila, Central Luzon, and Region 4,” said PNP chief Gen. Guillermo Eleazar in a statement.

Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency Director General Wilkins Villanueva said the operation stemmed from a long surveillance after they were able to track the movements of Xu Youha.

The PNP and PDEA said the confiscated billions of pesos worth of shabu were smuggled into the country and were believed to be for distribution to various parts of Luzon.

Eleazar added that the PNP has already deployed helicopters and speedboats to assist in the pursuit operation against the vessel that transported the seized drugs to the coastal waters of Zambales.