Zambales, Laguna town confirm first cases of COVID-19

enablePagination: false
maxItemsPerPage: 10
totalITemsFound:
maxPaginationLinks: 10
maxPossiblePages:
startIndex:
endIndex:

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, March 26)— Two more areas in Luzon— Zambales and Los Baños town in Laguna— have recorded their first cases of COVID-19.

The Zambales Provincial Health Office announced Thursday that the province's first positive patient is a 73-year-old male resident of San Antonio town.

It noted the man, a US citizen, had history of travel to Cavite and Manila.

Authorities said the patient returned to Zambales on March 15, and developed symptoms such as fever and diarrhea a day after. He is in stable condition but remains under strict monitoring, the health office added.

Meanwhile, a 69-year-old male resident of Los Baños — who died last week while awaiting test results— tested positive for the infectious disease, Mayor Caesar Perez announced Wednesday night.

Perez said the patient had travel history to churches in Metro Manila, particularly in Quiapo and Baclaran.

The patient's family members were placed under quarantine, while their residence had already been disinfected, the mayor added.

Laguna province recorded its first COVID-19 case on March 15. Calamba, a city next to Los Baños, also reported its first positive case on Wednesday.

Nationally, COVID-19 has infected 636 people, with 38 fatalities as of the Health Department's latest record.