LOOK: Marcos’ Cabinet officials take oath in Malacañang

enablePagination: false
maxItemsPerPage: 10
totalITemsFound:
maxPaginationLinks: 10
maxPossiblePages:
startIndex:
endIndex:

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, June 30)— President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. on Thursday led the oath-taking of the members of his Cabinet, just hours after he was sworn in as the country’s next chief executive.

“I suppose this is the first act of actual work that we will be doing for this administration,” Marcos told the officials who will be serving under his administration. “Let’s get the official part done so that we can get on with the job.”

Among those who attended the ceremony were Vice President Sara Duterte, Executive Secretary Vic Rodriguez, Department of Social Welfare and Development Secretary Erwin Tulfo, and Department of Trade and Industry Secretary Alfredo Pascual.

Marcos has yet to name the appointees for other Cabinet positions, including the secretary of the Department of Health. His camp earlier said that officials who would be selected after inauguration day would have their separate oath-taking ceremony.

Meanwhile, Marcos separately administered the oath of Ilocos Norte and Ilocos Sur officials, including his son, Ilocos Norte Rep. Sandro Marcos.

Earlier in the day, Marcos took oath as the country’s 17th president, marking the return of another Marcos to Malacañang Palace 36 years after his father Ferdinand E. Marcos was ousted in a peaceful revolt.

READ: Bongbong Marcos praises father's rule in first speech as president: 'He got it done, so will it be with his son'