Marcos camp: No intention to exclude other outlets from media briefing

enablePagination: false
maxItemsPerPage: 10
totalITemsFound:
maxPaginationLinks: 10
maxPossiblePages:
startIndex:
endIndex:

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, May 26) — Questions were raised on why only selected media networks were given initial invitations to the press briefing of president-elect Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. on Thursday, but his camp denied there was any intention to exclude other outlets.

In his own press conference, Marcos’ spokesperson Atty. Vic Rodriguez explained that Net 25, SMNI, and GMA-7 have all previously asked for one-on-one interviews should the son and namesake of the late dictator wins the presidential elections.

“[I]to ‘yung commitment na ibinigay ng aming media team noong kampanya dito sa tatlong network,” Rodriguez told reporters. “And if you may have noticed, we did not do it ng one-on-one, we want to be fair at pinagsasabay-sabay na natin ‘yung tatlong networks.”

[Translation: This was the commitment our media team gave to these three media networks. And if you may have noticed, we did not do it one-on-one, we want to be fair so we granted them a joint interview.]

“It doesn't mean we intend, or have intended to exclude anyone,” he added.

Meanwhile, Rodriguez said he won’t be facilitating future press briefings anymore as he is set to transition to executive secretary for the incoming administration.

He thanked the media who covered the Marcos campaign trail for their “tough and not-so-tough questions.”

“I beg your understanding, and probably extend my apologies to some who may have not appreciated the way we have responded in the past,” he said.