Comelec: 30 election protests received so far

enablePagination: false
maxItemsPerPage: 10
totalITemsFound:
maxPaginationLinks: 10
maxPossiblePages:
startIndex:
endIndex:

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, May 24) — The Commission on Elections said it has received around 30 election protests as of May 23.

"The electoral contest and adjudication department had informed (us that) they had received — as of May 23 — 30 election protest cases. Lahat ay dina-docket na at nire-review nila," Comelec acting spokesperson Rex Laudiangco said in a briefing on Tuesday.

[Translation: The electoral contest and adjudication department had informed us that they had received — as of May 23 — 30 election protest cases. These are now being docketed and reviewed.]

Laudiangco didn't go into detail about which positions were affected by the protests, adding the Comelec's jurisdiction covered city, provincial and regional posts.

RELATED: Comelec: Party-list proclamation possible by May 26 depending on Lanao del Sur special polls

Laudiangco also commented on controversies involving party-lists, saying the commission was "not dwelling" on these.

"As you can see, all the qualified party-lists are included in the ballot. And those who were able to secure a temporary restraining order from the Supreme Court were likewise included in the ballots," he said.

However, he added that the investigation on those with pending cases will proceed "regardless of the outcome of the elections" as these cases were filed before the polls.