Bayan Muna wants 'window hours' scheme for provincial buses probed, scrapped

enablePagination: false
maxItemsPerPage: 10
totalITemsFound:
maxPaginationLinks: 10
maxPossiblePages:
startIndex:
endIndex:

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, April 26) — Bayan Muna party-list is seeking an investigation on the window hours scheme for provincial buses in Metro Manila after the policy recently caused inconvenience among thousands of commuters.

Representatives Carlos Zarate, Eufemia Cullamat and Ferdinand Gaite on Monday filed House Resolution No. 2562, a copy of which was released to the media on Tuesday, saying the new rule "has greatly caused undue hassle and burden" to the riding public.

Under the scheme, access to provincial bus terminals in Metro Manila is only allowed from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.

The lawmakers said several passengers were caught unaware last week due to a "lack of advisory." They also cited complaints of having to shoulder additional expenses, particularly from those who have to report to work beyond the imposed window hours.

RELATED: MMDA may adjust provincial bus window hours

Zarate told CNN Philippines' Traffic Center that the party-list believes the policy should be withdrawn as it is "not well-thought-of."

"This policy should be scrapped," he said. "It only puts burden [...] on our riding public who are already overburdened by the crisis we are facing now."

Bayan Muna hopes the House Committee on Transportation can discuss the issue by next week.