Reward for information on Percy Lapid killing tripled to ₱1.5M

enablePagination: false
maxItemsPerPage: 10
totalITemsFound:
maxPaginationLinks: 10
maxPossiblePages:
startIndex:
endIndex:

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, October 7) — The reward for information in connection with the killing of a radio journalist earlier this week was tripled to ₱1.5 million.

In a press briefing on Friday, Interior Secretary Benjamin Abalos Jr. said on top of the ₱500,000 he offered, lawyer Alex Lopez committed to give ₱1 million to help catch those responsible for the fatal shooting of broadcaster Percival Mabasa, better known as Percy Lapid.

Police released a photo of a person of interest in the case, whom they suspect to be the gunman.

“Sana naman sa mga nanonood at nakikinig ngayon, any information sa taong ito, ibigay niyo kaagad dito sa PNP (Philippine National Police). Napakaimportante po nito,” Abalos said.

[Translation: To all those watching and listening now, if you have information on this individual, please let the PNP know. This is very important.]

Lapid was gunned down by a motorcycle-riding tandem on Monday night in Las Piñas City.

The 63-year-old was a hard-hitting critic of the Duterte and Marcos Jr. administrations.

Besides the PNP, the National Bureau of Investigation and the Commission on Human Rights launched separate probes into the incident.