Over 18M beneficiaries received aid so far — DILG

enablePagination: false
maxItemsPerPage: 10
totalITemsFound:
maxPaginationLinks: 10
maxPossiblePages:
startIndex:
endIndex:

(FILE PHOTO)

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, May 11) — Over 18.8 million Filipinos have received cash assistance from the government's aid program.

"Sa ipinamahagi po na ₱22.9 billion, nakapag-distribute na po tayo ng ₱18.8 billion para po sa 18,822,713 beneficiaries or a total po na 82.14%," said Interior Secretary Eduardo Año III in a televised briefing on Monday.

[Translation: From the allotted ₱22.9 billion, we have distributed ₱18.8 billion to 18,822,713 beneficiaries, or a total of 82.14%.]

Residents of Metro Manila and the provinces of Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna and Rizal benefitted from the cash aid. These areas, also known as NCR Plus, were placed under enhanced community quarantine due to a surge of COVID-19 cases but have since shifted to MECQ.

NCR Plus will remain under the quarantine classification until May 14.

Broken down, Año said ₱9.23 billion has been distributed in Metro Manila, ₱2.48 billion in Bulacan, ₱2.55 billion in Cavite, ₱2.55 billion in Laguna and ₱1.98 billion in Rizal.

Año said they still have five days to distribute the remaining cash aid.

He added that they have received around 112,000 complaints, ranging from people who are qualified for aid but were not included in the list, to those yet to receive assistance.

Año said around 62,000 complaints have been resolved.