Palace: Observance of health protocols in 2022 aspirants' caravans a 'shared responsibility'

enablePagination: false
maxItemsPerPage: 10
totalITemsFound:
maxPaginationLinks: 10
maxPossiblePages:
startIndex:
endIndex:

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, December 10) — With election hopefuls holding caravans and motorcades ahead of the 2022 national polls, Malacañang reminds all sides have a role to play in ensuring health and safety measures are observed as the COVID-19 pandemic remains.

"It's a shared responsibility. Kung supporter ka ng kandidato, dapat alam mo ang repercussions niyan sa kandidato mo di ba? 'Yung candidate, ganon din. Kung mahal mo ang mga supporters mo, you also have to be careful," acting presidential spokesperson Karlo Nograles said during his virtual briefing on Friday.

[Translation: If you're a supporter, you should know the repercussions for your candidate, right? The same goes for the candidate. If you love your candidates, you also have to be careful.]

The same goes for local government units including barangay officials, Nograles further explained.

Earlier this week, the motorcade of presidential aspirant Ferdinand "Bongbong" Marcos Jr. and his running mate Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte attracted not only crowds of supporters but also heavy vehicular traffic flow in Quezon City.

The QC government lamented how there was no coordination between them and the motorcade organizers, likewise stressing they are willing to keep in touch with all political groups to ensure health protocols are observed in their events in the locality.

Marcos' camp has since apologized for the incident.

"I hope that we take our shared responsibility seriously given na ang haba na ng pinagdaanan [we've been at this for so long], for how many months in this war against COVID-19. Huwag po nating sayangin ang efforts ng lahat [Let's not waste everyone's efforts]," said Nograles.