Cops tagged in Sulu shooting now in Camp Crame to face further probe — PNP

enablePagination: false
maxItemsPerPage: 10
totalITemsFound:
maxPaginationLinks: 10
maxPossiblePages:
startIndex:
endIndex:

(FILE PHOTO)

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, July 8)— The nine policemen under probe in the killing of four Philippine Army officers in Jolo, Sulu have been transferred to Camp Crame to face further investigation, the Philippine National Police said Wednesday.

The police personnel landed in Manila from the Cotabato airport on Tuesday morning, PNP said.

They were moved to the national headquarters— where they will remain under restrictive custody — “to ensure their availability to face investigation by the National Bureau of Investigation,” it added.

The NBI— tasked to conduct a third party probe— was given until this week to submit an initial report on the shooting incident that led to the death of Army officers from the 9th Intelligence Service Unit of the 11th Infantry Division.

The slain soldiers were gunned down on June 29 in an incident initially labeled by authorities as a “misencounter” between the security forces. PNP later ruled out the angle, saying that based on reports, the Army officers did not fire a single shot at the police.

READ: Duterte appeals to soldiers: Remain calm pending probe on Jolo killing

The policemen were supposed to arrive in Camp Crame earlier this week, but their travel was hampered when one of the personnel tested positive for coronavirus via rapid test. Officials have yet to give an update on the succeeding test results of the said policeman.