'Modified coding scheme' in Metro Manila starts June 8

enablePagination: false
maxItemsPerPage: 10
totalITemsFound:
maxPaginationLinks: 10
maxPossiblePages:
startIndex:
endIndex:

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, June 4) — The number coding scheme in Metro Manila will resume on Monday (June 8), with several modifications under the general community quarantine in place in the region.

The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) on Thursday said the number coding scheme will apply to everyone except for healthcare workers.

MMDA General Manager Jojo Garcia previously explained that if a private car is coding on that day, it is only allowed to ply the roads if there are two or more passengers in the car, including the driver. On non-coding days, cars may be used freely, he said.

It added that all Authorized Persons Outside Residence (APOR), as specified on the latest guidelines of the Inter-Agency Task Force, are also exempted.

MMDA said that operators of transport network vehicle service (TNVS) are required to put a signage so they could easily be recognized as TNVS.

The number coding scheme has been implemented to reduce the volume of vehicles plying Metro Manila roads by banning certain motorists at certain hours, depending on the last digit of license plates. It was temporarily suspended when Metro Manila was placed under community quarantine in April.

MMDA said these modifications have been approved by all mayors of Metro Manila.