Batangas coronavirus cases rise to 2

enablePagination: false
maxItemsPerPage: 10
totalITemsFound:
maxPaginationLinks: 10
maxPossiblePages:
startIndex:
endIndex:

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, March 13) — Batangas City has confirmed two cases of the coronavirus disease, local officials said on Friday.

Dr. Rosanna A. Barrion, City Health Officer, said both patients are currently isolated in a medical facility in Metro Manila. Governor Hermilando Mandanas confirmed the city's first case earlier this morning.

Without giving any other details on the patient, he said the province is ready to respond to the health threat — the same way the local government and Batangueños were able to survive the recent Taal Volcano explosion and the positive cases of African Swine Fever.

"Tayo sa Batangas ay handa at kakayaning harapin ang sakunang ito, kapares ng ating ginagawang pangangalaga dahil naman sa pagputok ng Taal Volcano at pagsisimula ng African Swine Fever sa Bayan ng Laurel," he said in a statement.

[Translation: Batangas is ready to face this emergency. Our response will be similar to how we responded to the Taal Volcano eruption and African Swine Fever in Laurel.]

He added that Batangas will not be affected by the community lockdown imposed in Metro Manila, as the province is self-sufficient when it comes to food, oil, and electricity.

Mandanas also announced the suspension of classes in all levels until the end of March.