Negros Oriental public school classes are suspended in all levels amid coronavirus scare

enablePagination: false
maxItemsPerPage: 10
totalITemsFound:
maxPaginationLinks: 10
maxPossiblePages:
startIndex:
endIndex:

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, February 4) — Negros Oriental Provincial Governor Roel Degamo has ordered a suspension of classes in all levels in public schools from February 5 to 7.

"This is a precautionary measure to contain and mitigate the spread of the dreaded disease, the novel coronavirus that has claimed hundreds of lives in China and has created havoc in various parts of our country," said the official declaration issued on Tuesday.

The declaration said that private schools may suspend classes according to their own discretion.

According to the Health Department, there are now 105 people who are under investigation of possible infection of the novel coronavirus.

The Philippines has so far recorded two confirmed cases of the virus, including one death.